Re-provisioning an agent
During the lifecycle of a robot, it is common to have to re-image or replace a robot. In those cases, it is important the robot be reprovisioned instead of being added as a new robot. Reprovisioning an agent ensures that new agent assumes the identity of the previous agent and hence the data will appear as though it is from the same device.
Prior to reprovisioning a device, ensure that the agent is either stopped or uninstalled.
Once you proceed with the reprovisioning flow, the device will be invalidated and will stop ingesting data.
Step 1: Uninstall the current Formant agent installation
Do not perform reprovisioning over a port-forwarded SSH connection in the Formant application. The connection will be broken when the original token is revoked.
- Open a terminal or SSH connection (not through the web app) to your device and enter the following command:
sudo apt remove formant-agent --purge
Step 2: Generate a new provisioning token
- In Formant, in the upper-left corner, open the menu and go to Settings >> Devices.
- Locate the device you want to reprovision. Click the three dots >> Reprovision. Confirm that you want to proceed by clicking OK.
- You will see a new provisioning script for your device. Copy this command.
Step 3: Run new installation command
- Close and re-open the terminal you used in Step 1, or open a new terminal window.
The installation may not run properly if you use the same terminal window from Step 1.
- Paste the provisioning script from Step 2 and run it. It should look like this:
bash <(wget -qO - https://app.formant.io/install-agent.sh) <thisisthetoken>
Updated 9 days ago