In addition to the event triggers offered natively in Formant, you can create events with custom trigger criteria using the Formant Agent SDK, and use them to control notifications and actions just like any other event.
Get access to notifications and actions for custom events
Reach out to our Customer Success team to add custom event triggering functionality for notifications and actions to your Formant organization. You can reach us through the Intercom messenger in the bottom-right corner of this page, or at [email protected].
You can create events with custom trigger parameters using the Agent SDK. For an example of how to create an event using the Agent SDK, see GitHub:
For a complete reference of the Agent SDK, see Agent SDK reference.
- In Formant, in the upper-left corner, open the menu and click Settings.
- Click Events >> Add Event Trigger.
- Give your event a name and click Continue.
- Select which devices can trigger this event by choosing a corresponding set of tags, and then click Next.
For more information on tags, or if you haven't yet configured your device(s) with tags, see Configure access levels.
- Under the Triggers tab, set Event Type to Custom Event.
- Enter the name of the custom event you created in Step 1.
Once you've created your custom event and added it to Formant, you can configure notifications and actions to be triggered from that event just like any other. For more information, see Create an event and configure notifications.
Updated 2 months ago